BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cakes, Cakes and More Cakes



These are the cakes I've done in the last few weeks. It has been insanely busy because we had two buildings in two weeks and apparently this is very rare. This first building was the second of the two buildings and as you can tell, it is definitely an improvement. The first one (which is the castle looking one) my supervisor did about 25% of the work, but this second one I did entirely by myself which was the coolest thing ever!! I spent about 25 hours total in a two day period doing this cake start to finish. I also got to help deliver it and the people at the school who ordered it were thrilled. They loved it, and it just made my work even more worth it to know that our clients liked my work. When I got to work the next morning my boss had put out a note for me telling me that i did a good job, and she had put $100 in the envelope which she said was a bonus for my work on this building. It was very sweet of her and such a great opportunity!
It's a replica of a building for Union College in Albany. They just remodeled it and were having a big dedicatory ceremony.




This battalion of the army is being sent to Iraq so they had us do a cake for the farewell dinner they were having for the men. I drew all that out in frosting.

These cupcake stand, tier thingy's are the new style and very popular. They look nice but I HATE doing all the stupid little cupcakes. I sure hope they go out of style soon.
I had to do 70 of these.
Another cupcake stand


Another view of the army cake


The other building. We were given 2 days notice on this building so it's not as great as I would have liked but the customer's were happy. It's another replica of a college building in Richmondville





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take personal offense at the cupcake statement. Enough said.

p.s. (i know your name, so there, you liar)

=)

Tawnya said...

The cakes are beautiful! Good job!

The Wasek Family said...

I like Dami! She'd fit in really well with the fam! I can't even find words to describe how awesome your cakes are! You would make Duff proud!
Oh, you are tagged so check out my blog for the rules!

J+S said...

Holy cow, you are like Ace of Cakes. I wish I could take lessons from you. I still can't do the Wilton rose and my class is all finish. Good job with all of this! How did you learn to do it?

C said...

Nicole! Hey I'm not sure if you remember me, but this is Chelo. I graduated with Lindsay! That's how I found your blog. Anyway I think its SO cool that your in pastry school...I'm so jealous! : )
Your cakes look amazing! I hope all is well out in the big apple!

Ashley said...

Nicole! Long time since I talked with you. WOW, the cakes you make are AMAZING! That is crazy how much detail a person can put on a cake. How is NYC treating you? Well, it looks like you are doing well and I hope to hear from you soon.

Holly said...

Hey Nicole,

what's your address?