BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

First Blog Entry

Bread Pudding and Roasted Mango
Yes I know, the uniforms are SOOO not flattering.
Last quarter's kitchen final. (which I got an A on thank you very much!!)
Chef Conte and me

Italian Torte
Birthday Cake


Bavarian Cream Cake











Well my sisters have all started doing a blog and have been trying to get me to for a while, so here you go girls! Although I must warn that it may be somewhat boring because being single and all I don't have a lot of pictures and great things to say about a husband or the kids I don't have. The most exciting thing I could post would probably be pictures of the things I'm making in class, which is fun and exciting for me but probably not for everyone else. Oh well. So I've posted some pictures of a few of the things I've made so far.
For those of you who don't know, I am attending pastry school in New York City. I moved out here at the end of September 2007, so I've been here about 6 months. Wow, I am now an official resident of New York State. Never thought I would ever be able to say that!! It's funny where life leads you. I really love my school and everything I'm learning, and I enjoyed the city for a while, but these country roots just won't go away. Luckily I have a second family that lives in upstate New York, not too far from Albany and they are nice enough to let me come stay with them on weekends occasionally so I can get away from the city and do some real work for a change, like loading hay and chopping wood. I love it and am very grateful for them.
That's the other new exciting news. As part of the curriculum for school, we are required to complete 200 internship hours the last quarter of school and I will be starting my final quarter in April. They normally don't let you go more than 50 miles away from Manhattan but I convinced the school to allow me to do my internship at a cake shop upstate that I really want to work at which is about 250 miles away from the school. They finally agreed and then I was able to get the owner of the cake shop to agree to take me on as an intern. YEAH!! So now I will be able to spend more time away from the city and then once I graduate in June, move upstate permanently and work at the cake shop.
Everything is just falling into place. The Lord has truly blessed me, and taken care of me throughout all of this. I am so grateful for the gospel and the guidance we receive from it.
draft
5:46:00 PM
by Nickle Dime
Delete
1 – 1 of 1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you say that we won't like the pics of your food? i think they are awesome! i ccan really tell that you have improved and i'm so impressed. i'm so proud of you and that you are chasing your dreams. congratulations and i'm so excited to see you in a few weeks. luv ya long time.

Anonymous said...

Love love love the pics of your food! You're amazing and you are going to make my wedding cake one day! Can't wait to see you soon :) Love ya,
Love,
Aims